Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fall, Football, and Fashion


July 1, 2012 was a monumental day in the life of every single Texas A&M student, past and present. For you girls out there scratching your heads, this was the day Texas A&M joined the SEC! The move from the Big 12 to the SEC not only lead to drastic changes in sports, but also to BIG changes in girls' game day attire. It was once completely normal to wear denim shorts, your favorite Aggie t-shirt, and your boots to games. Now EVERYWHERE you turn you see game day dresses, sundresses, skirts, lace shorts, and boots as far as the eye can see!
Give me two seconds to go stereotypical over-analytical girl mode on you. I love game day dresses. I think they are breezy during hot middle of the afternoon games. I think they show school spirit, in a fashion-forward and sweet way.  I think they are adorable, especially in those pictures every girl loves to take, "OMG! Make sure you tag me in that!!" You can disagree all day with what I am about to say, but I'd rather not have giant words across my chest. I truly believe that you can show your school spirit in a trendy, classy, and practical way in a dress or skirt/blouse combo of your school colors without "Gig 'em Aggies" or "Texas A&M" plastered all over you. Also, on a completely practical note, I'd rather spend money on an outfit that I can wear out to dinner, to work, to church, etc., not just to a football game. 

With that off my chest, I'd love to show you some of my favorite game day options! All of these are from an online store that I am crazy about, Yours Truly Clothing! We all know that maroon dresses sell faster in College Station than Tory Burch flats in a thrift store. After many failed attempts of buying game day dresses in the almost boutique-less land of College Station, I learned that online shopping was my best bet. 





1. Megan Dress - in garnet (first dress above with white)
2. Lindsay Dress - in garnet
3. Frances Dress - in garnet
4. Sarah Dress - in garnet

As all southern women know, no outfit is complete without accessories. Here are some of my favorites that I think would look awesome with any of these dresses



1. Dawson Necklace - in Garnet 
2. Hayes Necklace - in white
3. Whitney Necklace - in black

1. Mae Earrings - in white
2. Sophie Earrings - in black

Don't forget your boots and your favorite pair of sunglasses and you are ready for some fightin' Texas Aggie football!

All of these items are from the store Yours Truly Clothing. It is run by some really sweet women, you can read about their fun story here

I am the campus representative for YT Clothing at Texas A&M. You can like my page on Facebook here! Also check out our Instagram @YTClothing_TexasAM and Twitter @YTClothingTexasAM


No comments:

Post a Comment