Tuesday, September 3, 2013

20 Memories Commemorating my 20th

Goodness it has been far too long since my last post! Since moving into the sorority house I experienced my first recruitment work week, my first recruitment, and my first week of school. It has been a busy few weeks and I'm overjoyed to be settling back into an actual routine. 

My 20th birthday is right around the corner so here are 20 sweet and silly memories to commemorate turning 20!
throwback to 1993
1. That one time I rolled down the stairs as a baby (go ahead and make the joke, "Oh so that's why you are the way you are!"
2. That one time my sister asked my mom and dad when they were taking me back to the hospital
3. That one time I let my cousin use me as her "my-sized Audra" doll (more like many times)
4. That one time I asked a boy to the sock hop in 4th grade and he said no (I still have a fear of socks to this day!)
5. That one time I nursed a cactus back to health after a "cactus dissection", gave it a name, and dressed it in Barbie clothes
6. That one time my sister chased me around the house with a butcher knife. It was a joke... I think
7. That one time I sang the Psalms to the tune of "Killing Me Softly" as a 6 year old
8. That one time my best friend Blakeley and I decided to co-parent a hermit crab we bought in Galveston. Her? name was Bella, we only fed her treats, she lived about a week
9. That one time my sister convinced me lactating was part of puberty
10. That one time I played basketball and made one basket the entire season
11. That one time my best friend Ben and I convinced our high school we were half siblings (blonde hair, blue eyes, obviously related)
Ben and me. homecoming senior year
12. That one time I visited Texas A&M and knew it was the school I was meant to be at
13. That one time I got in a wreck with a teacher, in the school parking lot, 1 month after I got my license, and it was my fault
14. That one time I worked at J.Crew and fell deeply and madly in love with clothes and the retail world
15. That one time I designed a t-shirt for my school of 3000 students and accidentally used a drug reference on it (I swear I didn't know what "geeked up" meant!)
16. That one time I pierced Ben's ear on a church trip using a sewing kit needle and he had to get a tetanus shot  
17. That one time I got my wisdom teeth out and decided it only made sense for me to neigh like a horse and hiss like a cat as I waited to be released to go home
18. That one time I got a bid from Chi Omega and made some of my very best friends
my pledge class. bid day 2013
19. That one time I got to spend half of my summer loving on high school girls and serving the Lord at Sky Ranch
20. That one time at camp where it truly hit me how blessed I am to have parents that show me Christ's unwavering love through the way they love my sister, each other, and me

I spend way too many hours a day planning out my life. If you are like me, take some time to think of the blessings in your life and reminisce on some sweet memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment